Back to the main page.

Bug 1993 - tissuelabel and tissuename in simbio headmodel

Reported 2013-02-19 10:46:00 +0100
Modified 2018-03-10 21:39:48 +0100
Product: FieldTrip
Component: core
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC
Operating System: Windows
Importance: P3 normal
Assigned to: Lilla Magyari
Depends on:
See also:

Lilla Magyari - 2013-02-19 10:46:34 +0100

When a hexahedral mesh is created, the output mesh has the following fields: disp(mesh) pnt: [4354427x3 double] hex: [4253761x8 double] tissue: [4253761x1 double] tissuelabel: {'101' '102' '103' '104' '105'} tissuename: {'gray' 'white' 'csf' 'skull' 'scalp'} unit: 'mm' It is probably not necessary to have tissue-labels and tissue-names as well. The mesh is a 'parcellation' data-type which consist the tissue-label field. Therefore, I suggest to move 'gray','white'... etc. labels into tissue-label, and remove the tissuename field. The numbers ('101','102'...) are crucial for the simbio headmodels, but a number could be assigned to each tissue inside of the ft_prepare_headmodel function. And the numbers could be converted to the name of the tissues also in the output. The output of ft_prepare_headmodel (with method: 'simbio') looks like this: disp(vol) pos: [4354427x3 double] hex: [4253761x8 double] tissue: [4253761x1 double] cond: [0.1000 0.1000 0.1000 0.1000 0.1000] tissuelabel: {'101' '102' '103' '104' '105'} stiff: [4354427x4354427 double] type: 'simbio' unit: 'mm' cfg: [1x1 struct] Here, tissue-labels could also be changed to the names of the tissues. Lilla

Robert Oostenveld - 2013-02-19 10:51:42 +0100


Lilla Magyari - 2013-03-04 19:25:35 +0100

(In reply to comment #1) But being honest, I do not see where the assigned numbers (in tissuelabel) are getting used at all, because when I put the names of the tissues into tissue-label ('gray','white'...etc), the function (ft_prepare_mesh, ft_prepare_headmodel and ft_prepare_leadfield) output exactly the same structures as the output-structures of an input with the original tissuelabels ('101','102'...). So, this information (the numbers in tissuelabel) seem not to be used. Lilla P.s. I added also Johannes to this bug, maybe he has some comment on it.

Lilla Magyari - 2013-03-07 15:07:43 +0100

I removed the tissuename field in the output of prepare_mesh_hexahedral, and the field tissuelabel contains the tissue names now (r7603).